If you learn AutoHotkey you’ll be able to automate your Windows computer before you know it!
AutoHotkey is an amazing tool! I call it the Swiss-Army knife for Windows! Learning how to program in AutoHotkey is one of the best things you can do (both for your sanity and career). It help you in so many ways that it is impossible to list! In the below courses I teach you very simple ways to automate your Windows computer using AutoHotkey. Think of it as a bunch of AutoHotkey tutorials put in an easy to access format.
FAQ-1: What to know about AutoHotkey before you code! FREE!
AutoHotkey is an amazing language, but is it right for you? Check out this free AutoHotkey course to get some of the Frequently Asked Questions answered before you start to code in AutoHotkey! We also have 6 scripts designed for people that are new to AutoHotkey.
FAQ-2: for people beginning to code in AutoHotkey
In the 2nd half of the FAQ course we start covering things that people want to know when they’re starting to code in AutoHotkey. AHK is an amazingly simple language however there are some very common things that you’ll be very happy we point out to you ahead of time.
Intro to AutoHotkey v2 / Windows Desktop Automation (RPA)
Want to begin the path to simplifying your life? Work smarter, not harder? This course is for you! Here we start off small and cover some of the basics. Should you have your script in one file or more? What editor should you use? Which version of AutoHotkey should you use? How to use some built-in tools like iniRead/write, Remapping keys, copying/moving files & folders, sending mouse clicks. Most importantly we take a look at troubleshooting your code when things go wrong.
Text Expansion on a Windows PC with AutoHotkey (HotStrings)
In my opinion HotStrings are the “lowest hanging fruit” for everybody on the planet! Hotstrings are the 1st thing you should learn as so much of what we type is redundant (you just don’t realize it ). Virtually everybody can and should be using them!
Intro to GUIs (Graphical User Interfaces) with AutoHotkey
Creating an easy to use GUI is one of the best things you can do to “level-up” your user experience. If you’re running a windows computer, AutoHotkey is your choice for easily making powerful GUIs. I wasn’t qualified to teach this course so I worked with one of my “heroes” Raptor X (Isaias Baez). I’d learned a ton of advanced stuff from him ~8 years ago from his AHK Tuts YouTube channel and am very proud of what we developed!
Some people create GUIs in Python with tkinter or kivy however our course shows you how much easier they can be created using AutoHotkey!
We step you through the general process of designing a GUI using a mockup, then show you how simple you can create a Graphical User Interface with just a few lines of code. AutoHotkey allows you to leverage Microsoft’s built-in GUIs thus you can take advantage of proven code that works in minutes. Desktop Applications are programs that typically have a GUI. Don’t spend hours learning some obscure code, AutoHotkey is amazingly simple to pick-up! Lear now easy it is to create a User Interface today!
- Create Mockups so your GUI is well thought-through
- Easily build GUIs in just a few lines of code
- Leverage the proven Microsoft Controls (without having to be a programmer)
- Learn how to create GUIs by an amazing instructor with 10+ years of GUI experience
- This is the simplest way to make GUIs or your money back!
- Courses are in clear, easy to follow, sections which help you learn snippets at a time
- UI / UX design doesn’t have to be complicated
Autohotkey v2 uses Objects for GUIs and that makes it easier to code and understand! This course will teach you the basics of how to use them and if you have previous knowledge it will be very easy to grasp. If you don’t know objects, consider checking our Intermediate AHK Objects & Classes course.
P.S.: Even though object knowledge is handy, it is not NEEDED.
Intermediate AutoHotkey / Getting past the basics
Here we take a deeper-dive into how to automate your Windows PC. With over 5 hours of course time, you’re sure to level-up your automating with AutoHotkey! Among other things we take a deep-dive into using Controls, play with the Windows Registry, Tackle 5 types of loops and jump into using Objects.
Intermediate Objects & Classes: Level-up to Object Oriented Programming
In this course you will learn about objects and classes.
They are the gateway to code that is: organized, intuitive, maintainable, and flexible.
They enable easy access to COM objects & Classes that are amazingly powerful yet simple to use!
Here you can see the main benefits of using objects:
• Get to use amazing AHK classes (Chrome, mySQL, Rufaydium, WinClip, Neutron, ObjectCSV, etc)
• Objects & Classes are the “key” to Object Oriented Programming
• After learning Functions, Objects are the next step to leveling-up!
• Allow you to use OOP / dot-notation which is more intuitive
• Allow you to simplify solving complex problems
• Better organize your code
• Enable personalized naming conventions
• Extend classes to borrow & build on other people’s classes
• Convenience / simplicity when creating multiple instances
• Establishes a hierarchy to methods and properties (Window has a document, Document has elements, Elements has events, etc.)
• Objects allow you to easily group multiple related values with a hierarchical structure
• Allows you to bind your functions to a given instance (restrict the value of a parameter)
• Learn classes in the easiest to understand language (so you can use them in other languages)
• Provides memory protection in high level languages by abstracting methods and properties to an in-memory instance. (multi-threading as an example)
Intro to DOS & AutoHotkey
It’s hard to believe that after 40 years people are still using DOS! If you’re running a Windows computer, knowing how to get around DOS can be a huge blessing! Dos has saved my butt more times than I can count! In this course we cover intro topics as well as some very advanced concepts. Buckle-up and start learning DOS today (before you’re stuck and have to try and learn from your phone!