The other day Jackie and I were wrapping up a podcast and he mentioned something about using “stream” instead of a file. I mentioned that I’d adapted my OCR script to use the built-in Windows 10 OCR (instead of relying on Tesseract) but I was unable to change my script to use a variable instead of requiring a saved file. Thankfully Jackie had actually played with this so we started to update my script. About 30 seconds in, I suggested we record the session and I’m glad I did as there was some advanced stuff we covered! We ended up turning it into our 55th Podcast.
Here’s an updated to my screen clipping tool which now leverages built-in OCR on Windows 10.