In this AutoHotkey webinar we cover Recursion (having a function call itself over and over)
Script Highlight: Tetris from maestrith
Normally we have a more work-related type script but I thought this was a great example of other things that can be done with AutoHotkey. You can get the script from maestrith’s github account. Pretty cool that it is only ~640 lines.
AutoHotkey Vegas Convention
We also mentioned some of us are considering putting together a convention in Las Vegas. At a high level we’re thinking:
- Network with peers and people of like mind
- Attend in-person training to focused seminars
- Hackathon (get into groups and have multiple solutions to a goal)
If you’re interested, please fill out this form and we’ll keep in touch as things develop
Recursion in AutoHotkey
Click here to get Jean’s deck & AutoHotkey files .
Over-simplifying things, while doing a recursive function remember you
- have a function which does something
- the function will check if it needs to go deeper (call itself)
- the function will check to see if it has finished (so it will back-out to top)