I use this AutoHotKey screen clipping script at least a dozen times a day. I think most people SHOULD be using it that often but don’t realize how useful it can be. This video walks through a few examples of how I use it. Get the newest version here
At a high level- here are it’s strengths:
- Incredibly easy to create a clip and leave it on the screen (then discard easily)
- API integration with IMGURimage upload
- Writes Outlook email and attaches it automatically (including time stamp and custom email)
- Saves file as local png and places path to file on clipboard (so you can paste in anywhere- makes uploading to Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. a breeze)
- Can easily save png file to desktop using timestamp for name
The script (and commentary) can be found on the AutoHotKey forum here. I’ve also included the AutoHotKey code below.