I use this AutoHotKey screen clipping script at least a dozen times a day. I think most people SHOULD be using it that often but don’t realize how useful it can be. This video walks through a few examples of how I use it. Get the newest version here
At a high level- here are it’s strengths:
- Incredibly easy to create a clip and leave it on the screen (then discard easily)
- API integration with IMGURimage upload
- Writes Outlook email and attaches it automatically (including time stamp and custom email)
- Saves file as local png and places path to file on clipboard (so you can paste in anywhere- makes uploading to Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. a breeze)
- Can easily save png file to desktop using timestamp for name
The script (and commentary) can be found on the AutoHotKey forum here. I’ve also included the AutoHotKey code below.
If you wish to leverage the IMUGR upload you’ll want to check out this video and create an account here so you can get your own oAuth token.