AutoHotkey Webinar 08/2018 Hour 1
Coronavirus: End of the world as we know it? Quite possibly, yes.
- Which businesses will survive & which will fail?
- Specific Industries will be harder-hit
- Cruise ships, Airlines, Party/event locations, retreat, Concert halls
- What happens when you discover a CV problem while traveling overseas? Etc.
- Companies enabling working remotely, cleanliness, etc. will see huge growth
- Spur innovation
- Material science (less likely to hold the germs)
- Gloves at grocery stores?
- Cleaning grocery packages before bringing out to vehicles?
- Tylenol reaction back in 80’s J&J could have lost it all but turned it into a “win”
- Small businesses are less-likely to have resources survive lost revenue for the next 6 months
- 1,000,000 jobs lost and “Nobody” is hiring
- Short term vs. Long term
- 75% of restaurants may never re-open
- New jobs that used to be overseas may be brought home to the states (Pharma, medical supplies, etc.)
Robotics Process Automation (RPA) / Desktop Automation & the New Economy
- How will this affect the demand for Robotics Process Automation / Desktop Automation?
- Bots won’t get the Coronavirus
- Bots won’t spread Coronavirus
- Bots are easier to scale
- Bots help multiple the effectiveness of employees (and completely replace some)
- Large businesses are more likely to survive. They are the ones that can afford RPA
- While “nobody” is hiring, people working in RPA might see an increase in demand